Cancelling Invoice

LondonScrubHats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

After I got paid and customer received the goods he then asked me for invoice which I have created via Paypal and sent it to his email address. But today I noticed Paypal sees that Invoice as expecting money. I now cancelled the Invoice and now it says whole transaction is cancelled. What does that mean? Will Paypal refund the money to customer and I will lose money? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @LondonScrubHats Welcome to PayPal Community. Hope you are doing fine. About your concern, since you've mentioned that the one you've cancelled is the invoice created after the completed transaction (buyer paid and received the item), this will not cancel the original transaction and the buyer will not be refunded. As long as you are not selecting the Issue a Refund/Refund link on the transaction details page, transaction won't be cancelled and buyer won't be refunded. The invoice that you've created (then cancelled) notifies PayPal system that your are trying to do another transaction with the same buyer. Keep safe!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @LondonScrubHats,

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal. 

Regarding your concern, a payment that is already completed would not be returned to the sender ogf the payment unless initiated by the recipient (which counts as refunding the payment). However, since you mentioned that the invoice was sent after the initial transaction is completed, the funds that were sent shouldn't be taken out of your account anymore.

To know more about invoicing, please visit the page with the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/topic/MERCHANT

Please try to reach out to us through the help and contact link at the bottom of any PayPal page and select the most appropriate option if you nred additional assistance. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @LondonScrubHats Welcome to PayPal Community. Hope you are doing fine. About your concern, since you've mentioned that the one you've cancelled is the invoice created after the completed transaction (buyer paid and received the item), this will not cancel the original transaction and the buyer will not be refunded. As long as you are not selecting the Issue a Refund/Refund link on the transaction details page, transaction won't be cancelled and buyer won't be refunded. The invoice that you've created (then cancelled) notifies PayPal system that your are trying to do another transaction with the same buyer. Keep safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.