cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled refund?

Contributor

Cancelled refund?

So I purchase an item from an online store.
The item was cancelled due to limited stock.
My card was still charged and a day later the store issue me a refund.

Fast forward 3 weeks later I check my bank account. I notice there was no refund and I'm still being charged for the item.

Under my PayPal activities it says,

Store Name 

Cancelled – Refund  

+$700.00 

The amount was strike through.

Did the seller cancelled my refund?

I received two email from PayPal confirming the charge and a email confirming the refund.

I paid using PayPal with cc.

Also called my bank and they said no pending refund was coming in.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cancelled refund?

@bobola

that is a lot of Money!! $$

you need to look into the latest information

look at the date of the Email but forget emails

go straight to your Paypal account bank statement & see what it says there!!.

look for the latest (DATE) & determine if you just got robbed for $700

the store either canceled your Refund because maybe they now have your item? in stock?

& maybe shipping it?

if I was you? I take care of this mess very quickly before you get Robbed of your money $$😯

& keep track of your bank make sure you understand what just happened & 3 weeks later the store did

not honor your refund? that is ODD my friend

any other question you may have? I might be able to help you in giving you the right steps to your PROBLEM

just let me know.☺

Contributor

I called PayPal and I cannot find an option to speak to anyone. Everything is automated and it just tells me to resolve it from the website.

When I file a problem it give me, "We're unable to file a case on this transaction. Since this is money you've received, you'll need to contact the sender directly to resolve your issue."

I know is not my cards problem because I just did a refund earlier this week from another store. And the refund was instantly on my bank account the same day.

I did not pay attention to it because I got email from PayPal confirming the refund. It is weird the refund got cancelled and I was not notify or anything.

Store name
Cancelled – Refund

Refunded to
PayPal Balance

I have $0.00 PayPal Balance.
Esteemed Advisor

@bobola wrote:

I called PayPal and I cannot find an option to speak to anyone. Everything is automated and it just tells me to resolve it from the website.

When I file a problem it give me, "We're unable to file a case on this transaction. Since this is money you've received, you'll need to contact the sender directly to resolve your issue."

I know is not my cards problem because I just did a refund earlier this week from another store. And the refund was instantly on my bank account the same day.

I did not pay attention to it because I got email from PayPal confirming the refund. It is weird the refund got cancelled and I was not notify or anything.

Store name
Cancelled – Refund

Refunded to
PayPal Balance

I have $0.00 PayPal Balance.

You filed a dispute on the original payment transaction and that was the response you received?  Ask the seller first why the refund was canceled first. As a last resort, call your card issuer to file a chargeback upon the response from the seller of why the refund was canceled.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
New Community Member

the exact same thing happened to me with 450$. paypal claims i got the money and seller claims he made refund. but it appears as cancelled and I never got the money on my credit card. Did you manage to get your money back? how?

please help me i am dessperate

@bobola wrote:

So I purchase an item from an online store.
The item was cancelled due to limited stock.
My card was still charged and a day later the store issue me a refund.

Fast forward 3 weeks later I check my bank account. I notice there was no refund and I'm still being charged for the item.

Under my PayPal activities it says,

Store Name 

Cancelled – Refund  

+$700.00 

The amount was strike through.

Did the seller cancelled my refund?

I received two email from PayPal confirming the charge and a email confirming the refund.

I paid using PayPal with cc.

Also called my bank and they said no pending refund was coming in.

New Community Member

Any news?