Cancelled refund?

bobola
Contributor
Contributor

So I purchase an item from an online store.
The item was cancelled due to limited stock.
My card was still charged and a day later the store issue me a refund.

Fast forward 3 weeks later I check my bank account. I notice there was no refund and I'm still being charged for the item.

Under my PayPal activities it says,

Store Name 

Cancelled – Refund  

+$700.00 

The amount was strike through.

Did the seller cancelled my refund?

I received two email from PayPal confirming the charge and a email confirming the refund.

I paid using PayPal with cc.

Also called my bank and they said no pending refund was coming in.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@bobola

that is a lot of Money!! $$

you need to look into the latest information

look at the date of the Email but forget emails

go straight to your Paypal account bank statement & see what it says there!!.

look for the latest (DATE) & determine if you just got robbed for $700

the store either canceled your Refund because maybe they now have your item? in stock?

& maybe shipping it?

if I was you? I take care of this mess very quickly before you get Robbed of your money $$😯

& keep track of your bank make sure you understand what just happened & 3 weeks later the store did

not honor your refund? that is ODD my friend

any other question you may have? I might be able to help you in giving you the right steps to your PROBLEM

just let me know.☺

Login to Me Too

bobola
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal and I cannot find an option to speak to anyone. Everything is automated and it just tells me to resolve it from the website.

When I file a problem it give me, "We're unable to file a case on this transaction. Since this is money you've received, you'll need to contact the sender directly to resolve your issue."

I know is not my cards problem because I just did a refund earlier this week from another store. And the refund was instantly on my bank account the same day.

I did not pay attention to it because I got email from PayPal confirming the refund. It is weird the refund got cancelled and I was not notify or anything.

Store name
Cancelled – Refund

Refunded to
PayPal Balance

I have $0.00 PayPal Balance.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bobola wrote:

I called PayPal and I cannot find an option to speak to anyone. Everything is automated and it just tells me to resolve it from the website.

When I file a problem it give me, "We're unable to file a case on this transaction. Since this is money you've received, you'll need to contact the sender directly to resolve your issue."

I know is not my cards problem because I just did a refund earlier this week from another store. And the refund was instantly on my bank account the same day.

I did not pay attention to it because I got email from PayPal confirming the refund. It is weird the refund got cancelled and I was not notify or anything.

Store name
Cancelled – Refund

Refunded to
PayPal Balance

I have $0.00 PayPal Balance.

You filed a dispute on the original payment transaction and that was the response you received?  Ask the seller first why the refund was canceled first. As a last resort, call your card issuer to file a chargeback upon the response from the seller of why the refund was canceled.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

graciaes4637
New Community Member

the exact same thing happened to me with 450$. paypal claims i got the money and seller claims he made refund. but it appears as cancelled and I never got the money on my credit card. Did you manage to get your money back? how?

please help me i am dessperate

@bobola wrote:

So I purchase an item from an online store.
The item was cancelled due to limited stock.
My card was still charged and a day later the store issue me a refund.

Fast forward 3 weeks later I check my bank account. I notice there was no refund and I'm still being charged for the item.

Under my PayPal activities it says,

Store Name 

Cancelled – Refund  

+$700.00 

The amount was strike through.

Did the seller cancelled my refund?

I received two email from PayPal confirming the charge and a email confirming the refund.

I paid using PayPal with cc.

Also called my bank and they said no pending refund was coming in.

Login to Me Too

Erick33
New Community Member
Any news?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.