Cancelled order with seller, payment still processed.

foxtrot91
New Community Member

Hi there,

Earlier tonight I ordered a product for an online game and sent the money with PayPal. My PayPal is linked to my bank account and doesn't have any money in the Wallet so I am curious as to how I go about getting a refund. After sending the money the seller told me I needed to send ID verification before I could receive what I ordered in the game. I didn't know this was a condition, which is my fault, but I was not comfortable doing this and asked them to cancel the order. They agreed to cancel the order but the payment was already processed so they said they will issue me a refund.

So my question: What happens to the payment/refund because no money has actually come out of my bank account yet? In a few hours the seller is going to issue me a refund, but I am worried they will be refunding me money they never received. I'm fairly certain I'm not understanding the process and just looking for some help!

Thanks for any help 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @foxtrot91,

Thank you for your question regarding refunds. This article talks about how a refund is credited. Because the payment is bank funded, the funds will go back to your bank, but they will not be credited until the initial transaction from your bank is completed. It is not possible to stop the bank funding your original transaction, so we would have to wait for that process to complete.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.