Cancelled order showing refunded but money taken from bank 3 days later

KJ41
New Community Member

I cancelled an ebay item and paypal payment and it shows as refunded on 9th November but money was taken out of my bank account on 12th November. When I queried in the resolution centre I got an email saying "We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). transaction was cancelled"  but it definitely was cancelled and it actually shows cancelled on Paypal's system and a green credit above!?  Also when I queried it in the resolution centre it asked me if I authorised giftcard changes to my account on 9th and 10th which I didn't!  I am really worried about this and can't speak to anyone on the phone!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KJ41 

If you funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.