Cancelled order, did not received refund, paypal closed case in favour of seller

Uralowl
Contributor
Contributor

I made an order with Video Games Plus a week or two ago, but I cancelled it as I found the product cheaper elsewhere. However, a few days later, I noticed there still wasn't a refund, pending or completed. I contacted the seller but didn't receive a response. Anxious, I opened a case with paypal. About 5 days later, paypal has now closed the case in the seller's favour and I still haven't received any refund. I have tried contacting both paypal for explanation, and the seller again regarding the refund.

This has got me quite worried as the product wasn't cheap, and I of course haven't received it because I cancelled it. I've only ever had to open two cases because I couldn't get a response from the seller before in my 10 or so years of using paypal, and paypal closed the cases in my favour on those two occasions. Not sure what is different this time, just hoping I get my money back.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Uralowl,

I'm sorry to hear about the case decision, that's definitely a concern. I would advise contacting us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can assist in appealing the decision and seeing what options we have. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.