Cancelled Refund?

Joshua13
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently had a problem with an electronic item bought on eBay. The item was faulty as it contained a set of badly corroded batteries. The seller authorised a refund but it was insufficient to cover the return postage and insurance of the item. The refund, for some reason, was not completed( I was advised today) and the seller denies cancelling the refund. Please advise.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Joshua13,

I'm sorry to hear that the refund was not completed. If you would like to dispute the transaction, you can do so. If the dispute is found in your favor, you will be responsible to ship the item back at your own expense, though there is a program to help with shipping costs for returned items.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Joshua13,

I'm sorry to hear that the refund was not completed. If you would like to dispute the transaction, you can do so. If the dispute is found in your favor, you will be responsible to ship the item back at your own expense, though there is a program to help with shipping costs for returned items.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Joshua13
Contributor
Contributor
Due to the seller's single line and or lack of interest in resolving this issue EBay will be taking on this issue. This seller just won't play ball !
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Joshua13,

Thank you for coming back to let us know what happened after you posted! I hope you have a speedy resolution!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
Dominic
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.