Cancelled - Payment Received (eCheck payment)

Sbren
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i did my best to look for other posts regarding the payment status "Cancelled - Payment Received" when it applies to a buyer sending (me) echeck payment.  Been in business 3 years, sold thousands of items and for the first time I receive and eCheck.

Dec. 29 buyer purchases items and I see in paypal it's an eCheck with an estimated completion date of Jan 1.  Ok, no prob...understood.

Today is Jan 1 and the statues says "cancelled - Payment received"  Very strange wording.  The payment amount in green with strike though it (pictured)

I don't actually know if I got paid.  and I don't want to seem like a dunce and ask my buyer what it says on their end.  I can go into ebay and the option is open to send them an invoice as if we are back at square one and they haven't paid.  There's nothing pending in ebay either.

Did I get paid or what? lol.  My balance changes so frequently in paypal so I wouldn't be able to notice $100 + or - either way when checking the activity every few days.

Only found one other post with the same situation but no replies on it.  I went away over Christmas, so I just shipped it anyways taking a gamble.  So at this point if I got **bleep** I will file this under Life Lessons, haha.

Paypal.jpg

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sbren

You didn't get paid. Likely the buyer cancelled the eCheck. Click on the transaction to see what the details say. Does it tell you not to ship? If so, don't ship and considered the order canceled. Or mark the order on eBay non-paying buyer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Sbren
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  There's next to nothing for details.  There's no option to add tracking or print a packing slip (clue number 1 I should have realized)

I remember very clearly seeing the warning message do not ship until it clears.  You'd think if it didn't clear that would be made plainly obvious.  To me, "payment received" seems a little out of place.

BTW I meant to say Jan 7th in my post for the est. payment clear date.  Not that it makes much difference now.

Login to Me Too

Sbren
Contributor
Contributor

There is also no fees deducted as well. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.