Cancelled Authoritisaion on EBay, money taken out of my bank with nothing ordered

DylanDJR
New Community Member
Recently, i tried to order myself a new phone on eBay. I was at the basket and ready to order, filled in my PayPal details and when I pressed checkout it came up with an error. So I tried again and the same error popped up asking me to use a different payment method. Then I tried using Apple Pay and it said I didn’t have enough in my account. When I checked my money was taken out of my available balance even though I didn’t make the order. I got an email from PayPal saying I had sent money to eBay. I checked the Transaction ID and it said Cancelled authorisation. “The temporary authorisation was cancelled and your funding source wasn’t charged” even though it was. I would just like to know if there’s anything I can do just to get the money back. I checked with the eBay seller and they’ve received nothing, so I would like to know where my money had went. I’ve never experienced this problem before with PayPal.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.