Cancellation of transaction

fcgckua

Hi! Yesterday, I have authorised a payment transaction which has not reached the recipient yet. Due to figuring out that the service that I paid them for, is not actually possible in principle, I want to stop the transaction before it reaches a recipient to avoid losing money. How can I do it?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

fcgckua

I do not see "cancel" button under action. It says: Your payment method will be charged when the user: XXX completes your order.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fcgckua

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fcgckua

it says "authorization" 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fcgckua

re-read my post above, I edited when you posted an update.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fcgckua

Thanks, I get it. But they will want to claim it. It is a dispute issue, where they asked me to send a deposit and then after I've done so, turns out hte service is not possible and they are refusing to refund in full. To avoid costly legal fees I want to stop it now. 

Login to Me Too

fcgckua

Thanks, I get it. But they will want to claim it. It is a dispute issue, where they asked me to send a deposit and then after I've done so, turns out hte service is not possible and they are refusing to refund in full. To avoid costly legal fees I want to stop it now.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fcgckua

If they claim it and you do not get your goods you can open a paypal dispute for non receipt of item etc.

OR you can contact your funding source ie bank account or card and ask them to release the pending funds back to your bank account or card and tell them to not authorise that payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.