Canceling a received amount

hds11119
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently opened a PayPal account and received a payment. However, while trying to access funds, I realised it was a USA PayPal and not my country's. Luckily I did not accept the payment just yet. I have talked to the sender but they have stressed that they used an automated system where it is impossible to cancel or reverse. They can re-route my payment to another verified PayPal but I must be the one to cancel the initial payment first. Seeing that it is a personal Paypal account, there is no option for cancelling the payment. If I accept the payment, then I cannot send or withdraw it and this gives me a much-complicated problem. Ultimately, I am only limited to cancelling the transaction then shutting the Paypal account. How can I do this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hds11119 

If you don't accept the payment then it 'should' time out at 30 days and go back to the sender.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hds11119 

If you don't accept the payment then it 'should' time out at 30 days and go back to the sender.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.