Canceling a Re-Occuring Payment

BarbsF
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there!

I just opened a new membership. Members can pay monthly or annually. The membership site is hosted on Kajabi. I run payments though Stipe and PayPal. I offered a coupon on the membership to some users. Some of them forgot to apply to coupon. 

So, I had to refund their purchase and cancel their subscription. Then they need to re-buy the product with the coupon. 

With Stripe purchases, this has gone through fine. With PayPal purchases, the user isn't able to re-purchase the product. When they try, Kajabi tells them that they already have the offer. 

So either:

1- PayPal doesn't communicate back to Kajabi the same way that Stripe does. OR

2- I didn't cancel their subscription properly within PayPal. 

These are the steps that I followed. I returned their purchase price within Kajabi. Then I went into PayPal, clicked on Activity, Filtered Activity to Subscription Payments, found the user, clicked on their name and then selected Cancel on the top left. Within PayPal, it shows Cancelled. 

I'm stumped! I've been back and forth with Kajabi on this but they told me that I need to work it out through PayPal. Any advice or thoughts is MUCH appreciated. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.