Canceled - refund status with strike through

Stargatesgx
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all Need some help with an issue ive been having Just probably need some reassurance as well I made a purchase via ebay for 165 the item did not work and a return was done The seller confirmed he got the item and tru paypal issued a refund On the 14th june It was pending for 6 days on the 20th it then stated cancelled - refund and the 165 has a strokethrough Recontact the seller and he claimed the money was refunded So i opened a claim on paypal 10 days later the claim was rejected Called the guy again and he said the previous funds was cancelled due to insufficient funds and he reissued the refund on 21st and he called PayPal to confirm. I then contacted paypal via phonecall and was told the funds can take up to 30 days to go back to my card so wait till july 21st? My issue is ive never had to wait 30 days my card and bank only takes 3 to 5 days for approvals/refunds etc Is this normal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stargatesgx

Paypal always say allow 30 days but it is often a lot quicker.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Stargatesgx
Contributor
Contributor
Yes i figured the 30 days is a generic answer but so far waiting 20 days wondering if i really need to wait the 30 😞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.