How do i cancel a payment?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackie421 

If the payment has been sent or completed then you would need to contact the seller / merchant or website you purchased from and see if they are happy to cancel and refund.

Unfortunately you can only cancel a paypal payment if it says its pending/unclaimed due to a non existant email address ie spelling error.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

edrubite
New Community Member

I have unclaimed payment yet and still I cant or there is no way I can cancel it right away.

Login to Me Too

sofabox12
Contributor
Contributor
In having this issue as well, have you found a solution?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edrubite 

@sofabox12 

You can only cancel a paypal payment if the email address is non existant.

If it exists but not linked to a paypal account yet OR not verified then it will just show as unclaimed AND time out 30 days post payment if it remains unclaimed ie that person does not open a paypal account and claim it OR verify their email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eh67
Contributor
Contributor

Solution link no longer exists... I need to revoke the pre-authorision of shawacademy.com merchant, they are not responding to attempts to cancel a subscription with them, but don't want them to take any more money out through paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-paypal-order-or-authorization-faq

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.