Cancel pending payment but no cancel button

Mags0805
Contributor
Contributor

I know this question has been asked before but I need to cancel a payment to an eBay seller as it was an item that was an unauthorised listing on eBay. The payment says pending on PayPal but no cancel button. I want to ensure that it is not claimed by whoever compromised the sellers eBay account.  Do I really have to wait 30 days to get my money back for something I've been informed will not be sent? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mags0805

Pending without a cancel option means that the email address exists but is not connected to a valid Paypal account.

So as there is no cancel option it will 'time out' 30 days post payment.

If and only if (unlikely) it becomes completed then you would ba able to file a dispute for non receipt of item to get your money back.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mags0805

Pending without a cancel option means that the email address exists but is not connected to a valid Paypal account.

So as there is no cancel option it will 'time out' 30 days post payment.

If and only if (unlikely) it becomes completed then you would ba able to file a dispute for non receipt of item to get your money back.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

spenser9870
Contributor
Contributor

I sure hope you're right. wish.com, a company I have had no business with is attempting to remove $1739.00 from my account which will come out of my bank account, an account that has only $100.00 in it. I tried to contact paypal's fraud dept. but nobody's answering anymore. I keep getting a recording telling me how to settle a transaction dispute and I'm yelling back at it that there was no transaction, that they plain and simple want to take my money! Otherwise they say send a letter...yeah, right!

Paypal always bragged about being the most secure place through which to make transactions because mistakes like this could be fixed in no time. Now, while Corona exists, it's less secure that my bank - at least I can talk to someone there.

Login to Me Too

_sunny
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, this is happening to me but im pretty sure they have a paypal account bc i saw them at one point do a refund. my payment is pending will it just time out in 30 days? theres a fake tracking number put in by the seller also.

Login to Me Too

Smurf2
New Community Member

I have the same problem.  Can someone from Paypal tell me why the wait of 30 days?  It surprises me it takes so long.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smurf2

Because sometimes 'orders' from companies can take 2-3 weeks before being processed and the funds 'claimed'.

So if it was only 7 days you would not have time for your order to complete.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

joanjoanlai
New Community Member
I got the same problem, but my payment never canceled even the “time is out”.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.