Contributor
How do you cancel a payment if it doesn't give you the option to
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nikkie3 

You contact the merchant you placed the order with and request a cancellation and a refund.

The cancel option on paypal is normally for payments that have been made by accident to a non existent email address (spelling error or typo) and so can never complete. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nikkie3
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so let me clear it up a little. 1.) I made a business account so all my purchases and payments are from the same account. 2.) I sent the money from my personal account to my business account. So I can purchase the items from my vendor for my business. 3.) Both accounts are mine. 4) money is on hold. Agent said I sent it as payment instead of just sending to a friend. 5.) Then the agent said cancel the payment from my personal account but it does not give me the option. 6.) Someone else said refund the money from the business account. Still don't have that option. So now my money is just sitting there on hold
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nikkie3 

If you sent the funds FROM a paypal account that you own TO another paypal account that you own but you sent it using the goods/services option and did not use the friends/family option then paypal would see you as a new seller and put the funds on hold.

Info on hold in the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Funds for new sellers are normally released when tracking shows the item as delivered to the buyer OR at 21 days if not sent with tracking.

So you may have to wait the full 21 days for your funds unfortunately.

You could try marking the transaction as 'shipped' on your sender account and then check your receiver account and see if there is an option to 'confirm receipt' of item and that may get the funds released more quickly.

BUT unfortunately that option has not appeared much the last few weeks according to posters on this forum so paypal appear to have removed it but give it a go anyway as it may work, if not you will have to sadly wait it out.

You can't cancel funds on hold and you can't refund non cleared funds either.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.