Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ssankaran 

difficult to understand you but if you sent funds and its showing as payment or completed and the seller does not send the item then open a dispute for non receipt of item by clicking on the transaction and using the resolve a problem link at the bottom of that details page. if the payment went to the wrong person and they won't refund then open a dispute for non receipt and make sure you escalate to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ssankaran 

To cancel a completed payment you would need to contact the merchant you purchased from and request a cancellation and refund.

Paypal covers you for non receipt of item or item received but not as described but can't cancel orders for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ssankaran
Contributor
Contributor
I got the receipt as the money I sent had gone to them but the recipient of it was my mail damaged Says. If I ask him to return the money I sent him he says I don’t know but the paypal shows that the money has gone to him. All I do now is think of the money I sent as dead and I'm dead
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ssankaran 

difficult to understand you but if you sent funds and its showing as payment or completed and the seller does not send the item then open a dispute for non receipt of item by clicking on the transaction and using the resolve a problem link at the bottom of that details page. if the payment went to the wrong person and they won't refund then open a dispute for non receipt and make sure you escalate to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cortnee515
New Community Member

I recently sent a friend some money, not necessarily a payment, but they no longer have access to the account that  I sent it to. So the money is just sitting somewhere. I cant request a refund because they cannot access the account to accept it or to refund it. 

How do I get my money back?

Please if you have any information I would grately appreciate it 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cortnee515 

Sorry can't advise as you haven't said which option you used to send the money / which funding source linked to paypal you used to pay for the transaction / not even what country you are in so your best bet is to ak customer services?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.