Cancel and Refund Paypal Pre Authorized Debit

Jay666
Contributor
Contributor

I recently check my bank balance and find out on 26 Nov 2018 Paypal charges me $247.36 for Pre Authorized Debit, I checked my Paypal activity and couldn't find this transaction. I call Paypal customer service but can only go as far as checking activity within Dec, not Nov and couldn't talk to any people in Paypal. And I don't recall making any Pre Authorized Debit for Paypal.

I'm still really new to Paypal and don't know what to do, it's a big amount of money for a student like me. Can anyone give me an advice or can tell me what action I can take to get that money back?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jay666

Is there a merchant name in the description or it just says "PayPal"? Quite odd that there is a pre-auth for that big of an amount if you did not purchase anything. Usually pre-auths will drop off if the payment is not captured in a week but no longer than 30 days. Have you called your bank and tell them this transaction is suspicious and unauthorized?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jay666
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

According to my bank account, there no merchant or anything at all, just state "PayPal". I double checked my PayPal account activity which didn't show and list this specific transaction. I also checked with my bank, and they confirmed that this transaction is made by PayPal and it happened last week.

The bank suggests if I find this transaction suspicious and unauthorized, I can fill up some form (which I can only do next week)  and they will do some investigation for me and will return the money if it is suspicious and unauthorized.

That why I also seeking advice and helps, and I also want to double confirm with PayPal what is going on right now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.