Canadian Dollars

Grae
New Community Member

I live in Oregon and somebody else in Oregon sent me some money as a down payment.  They sent USD and it shows up in my account as Canadian dollars? Can someone explain this to me? This is my first, and maybe last, attempt at using paypal.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hi Grae,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal community forums. That is very weird! It is possible that this individual had Canadian dollars in their account and sent them to you or that their account or your account is actually a Canadian account. WIthout speaking to PayPal customer service, the specific reason may not be available. 

You can check your payment receiving preferences to block payments that are not in your preferred currency. Here is a link to a helpful article to assist you with that: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/payment-receiving-preferences-faq2406?app=searchAutoComp...

By the way, you can refund the payment so that the sender can try again after editing your payment receiving preferences. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.