Can you remove an inactive 'preapproved payment' ?

fredwilson
Contributor
Contributor

I once unintentionally initiated a subscription payment from a website. I immediately contacted them, and they cancelled it and refunded the payment, but it still shows up years later in the 'preapproved payments' list as inactive. Is there any way to remove this from the list ? Due to the nature of the site in question it could bring me a lot of grief if my wife, who occasionally uses my PayPal account if she's on my laptop, sees it. I'm not worried about the payment & refund since that's so far back in history, but it's front & center in the subscription list.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Here’s how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

1.Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2.Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3.Select ‘My money'.
4.In the ‘My pre-approved payments’ section, click ‘Update'.
5.Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel’.
6.Click ‘Cancel Profile’ to confirm your request

When going to your "profile" be sure to double click on the tab to open the full Profile page as you may not get all the options if you just hover you mouse over it. Once the page loads you will see the section that says "my money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fredwilson
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not trying to cancel a subscription, I'm trying to make a long ago cancelled subscription I never wanted go away from the list.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

you need to ask customer services and see if they will do it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kouman
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on this one?

Yes, I want a clear preapproved payments list, delete all the "Inactive" stuff...

My preapproved payments Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/hFZiHqF.png

Login to Me Too

devgear
Contributor
Contributor

I was just checking mine...I chose to use the sort filter to show only active payments...that makes the inactive payments not show up. Does that help?

Login to Me Too

Kouman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @devgear, that's on the obvious side Smiley Tongue

It would be fine if it would be possible to set the default view we want, so to see instantly

the active payments, and not to have to click on the filter setting.

Login to Me Too

Desanex
Contributor
Contributor

Still haven't seen an answer anywhere on this. There are usernames and passwords displayed in plain text associated with these canceled, expired, and otherwise ancient, unused accounts 'archived' in this little 'database'. I want to completely and permanently remove them and any corresponding information relating to them and need to know how.

Appreciate anyone's time. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

catbottee
New Community Member

I really also would be interested in it. It is not satisfying after cancelling to see only the word inactive. I would like to delete it completely. A shame that paypal is not offering a solution for it. The only solution would be to cancle the whole account and set up a new one.

Login to Me Too

catbottee
New Community Member

They say they have to keep records fro 7 years, which is fine, if they do it internally for legal reasons. However I want to decide what I can see on my paypal webpage. This works in all other banks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.