Can you pay with your PayPal balance on sites without adding a card or linking a bank account?

VanishedApps
Contributor
Contributor
I just got $15(-$0.87 fees) on my PayPal balance and I was wondering if I am able to buy stuff from Amazon, eBay and other sites using my PayPal balance? I don't have a credit or debit card nor a bank account, so that means I can't link them to my account. This was really confusing because I asked multiple friends and all of them said different stuff about this issue of mine.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VanishedApps

You can use funds in your paypal balance 'as long as' they are in the correct currency and not pending.

BUT for some transactions ie digital / virtual or higher risk AND at 'some point' anyway Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VanishedApps
Contributor
Contributor

Like I wanted to buy a pack of GitHub stickers($5) for example, I clicked Checkout and then the PayPal button. A PayPal checkout page showed up asking me to enter my credit card information and address. I have $14 on my balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.