Can’t withdraw money to bank

WigDUBSTEP1
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve had no problems till recently and now cannot withdraw to bank. Of course they let me make purchases and PayPal someone else (24 hour wait) I have asked for help and they haven’t done anything but make me do pointless tasks. My account is verified and haven’t had any emails saying there’s a problem. When I try to send to bank it says There seems to be a problem. It’s been days now and I’m stuck. Anyone know what PayPal is up too ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WigDUBSTEP1
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal got resolved today. Was nothing to do with bank card. You were wrong and people like you shouldn’t be allowed to comment

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WigDUBSTEP1 

Have you withdrawn funds before?
Are you withdrawing to a bank account or debit card?

Have you still got the direct debit mandate set up in your online banking?

Have you had a recent failed bank transfer or negative balance at all?
What error message are you getting?
Have you verified / confirmed your bank account?
Are the funds cleared and not pending?
Are the funds in your countries currency?
Is the bank account in exactly the same name as your paypal account name?
Is any debit cards billing address the same as your paypal account address?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WigDUBSTEP1
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah have withdrawn funds many times. Available balance. Verified account. Bank cards not in same name no but like I said I’ve withdrawn many times. Have to bank accounts linked. My dads and my gf. Neither share the same address as my account no. I’m not doing anything different than I’ve been doing this is out of nowhere and haven’t had any emails saying there’s a problem
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WigDUBSTEP1 

New banking rules in the UK now mean that the name is checked when you send funds to another party which includes withdrawals to that bank account and that name has to match the name on the paypal account or the account its being sent to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WigDUBSTEP1
Contributor
Contributor
I just spoke to PayPal and they can not confirm this story. Can you provide links or proof of this?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WigDUBSTEP1 

If you don't believe me not a problem, if i am wrong then there is no problem withdrawing your funds is there.

However there was a big notice on my bank account a few days ago stating the info i just gave to you, so your call if you want to take that advice or leave it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WigDUBSTEP1
Contributor
Contributor
I will await official confirmation then to be sure since one cannot provide proof of claims. Thanks for the h ..
Login to Me Too
Solved

WigDUBSTEP1
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal got resolved today. Was nothing to do with bank card. You were wrong and people like you shouldn’t be allowed to comment
Login to Me Too

robland
New Community Member

Seems many, including me have this same exact problem.  Very frustrating and with no way to talk to an actual paypal rep on phone and with contact through message not working now.  Can you pass along what they had to do to resolve the issue?  TIA.

Login to Me Too

WigDUBSTEP1
Contributor
Contributor
I spoke to someone via PayPal messages and after confirming my account was ok they said by Thursday it should be working again. They didn’t say what the problem was but could not confirm had anything to do with bank cards. If you type PayPal down in google you find a site shoring then reports. Many are having it and you just have to contact them and keep on
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.