Can't use my credit on my paypal acount

Jaroslav
New Community Member

Hi I would like to ask  why  when I have a money on the paypal account like a credit   mostly I get redirection straight to credit card ? the problem is that  I don't own any  I just always  transfer the  money from my debit card  on paypal and then I can't pay anything anyway thanks for reply 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Jaroslav!

Thank you for joining the PayPal Community! I apologize that no one in the Community responded to your question, but I will do my best to help. It sounds as though when you make online purchases, you are being directed to add a card to PayPal. There are a couple of things that can cause this. Many times we ask for a card to help us verify the account owner's identity. Sometimes we may need to ask for more information to do this, but we always start with a card or a bank account depending on the country. 

The other possibility is there are many services that require a card be active on PayPal. Just a few examples are PlayStation, Xbox, Apple, and Netflix. This is due to how they process and receive payments, an instant payment method like a card be active on PayPal at all times. 

I hope this helps, and you are more than welcome to give us a call. To do this, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Jaroslav!

Thank you for joining the PayPal Community! I apologize that no one in the Community responded to your question, but I will do my best to help. It sounds as though when you make online purchases, you are being directed to add a card to PayPal. There are a couple of things that can cause this. Many times we ask for a card to help us verify the account owner's identity. Sometimes we may need to ask for more information to do this, but we always start with a card or a bank account depending on the country. 

The other possibility is there are many services that require a card be active on PayPal. Just a few examples are PlayStation, Xbox, Apple, and Netflix. This is due to how they process and receive payments, an instant payment method like a card be active on PayPal at all times. 

I hope this helps, and you are more than welcome to give us a call. To do this, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Elamir28
New Community Member

So I don't have an active card right now but I have enough funds on my paypal, and I need to buy an item in a game. Is there anyway to use my funds on paypal without linking a card/bank account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.