Can't use my Paypal Balance to make a transaction through Xoom

Chelo430
New Community Member

I've been told by both Xoom and Paypal customer service that I can do this, but when i get to the payment section where you choose the source of the funds, I can only see: bank account, credit card and debit card, I can't choose my paypal balance. I want to use my paypal balance for this but both Xoom and Paypal support have been useless in helping with this issue, Paypal doesn't even have a number i can call to.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chelo430 

If you are using funds in your paypal balance then they have to be in the correct currency.

Paypal won't convert them automatically for you during the sending process as they do if you send funded by a bank account or card.

However you can convert them in your balance yourself (fees apply) by going and clicking on your balance (or dots next to it) > manage currencies OR via your paypal wallet.

If you then have another currency make sure you enable it as the 'primary' one for that transaction (you can change it back afterwards).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kaviibay
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

I have this issue as well where when I get to the payment method screen, it only allows me to choose payment either by debit or credit card not does not allow me to choose my Paypal balance. 

My Paypal balance is already in the correct currency and I have more than enough to transfer the amount in full. Why is the option to use my Paypal balance not available??

Login to Me Too

Kaviibay
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there @kernowlass 

I have this issue as well where when I get to the payment method screen, it only allows me to choose payment either by debit or credit card not does not allow me to choose my Paypal balance. 

My Paypal balance is already in the correct currency and I have more than enough to transfer the amount in full. I also set my address to my address in the same country I'm sending to. Why is the option to use my Paypal balance not available??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaviibay 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kaviibay
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

My PayPal is a Canadian account, however I live in the UK (Xoom asked for address details, and I input into Xoom my UK address details). The PayPal balance is already in £ GBP sterling and I'm sending it to a UK bank account. If I understand correctly, I should be able to do this.

Please can you help me understand why Xoom is not giving me the option to send funds using my Paypal balance on the payment options screen?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaviibay 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Obeyluxus
@kernowlass I'm having the same issue... I'm in Canada, my PayPal account is Canadian and my PayPal currency is Canadian dollars. that said I've tried to send money to a bank account using zoom but I can't find my PayPal balance as a payment method
Login to Me Too

Eri2021
New Community Member

Did you find a solution? my PayPal is in CAD and I am trying to send in Mexican pesos right after few days ago was able to do it but for some reason I cannot do it anymore. 

Login to Me Too

Kfkyf808
Contributor
Contributor
Me too 5-31-21
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.