Can't use bank account to pay [Canada]

E_Jaskow
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using my bank account for paypal just fine until today. I went to renew my spotify with my paypal and my bank account is no longer an option to pay with. This is happening with every other site as well, it won't let me pay with my bank, only debit/credit cards. Problem is my bank card isn't meant for online use so I can't use paypal at all right now. My bank details are still in my paypal payment methods if I go into my account, so I'm really confused right now (and kinda worried, because when I went to pay for spotify Paypal told me to change my password because there has been "suspicious activity") and any help would be appreciated

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Cody_T30
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is not a bank , so they do not have the same security options or fdic coverage that a bank might have .  So your best bet is to call them and find out why they have a security block on your account . Their program reviews every transaction now and flags them more often that not  .  If you have made changes to your account or your phone number or address does not match what they have on file . even if you have made a transaction that is larger  than what has been made before it may be flagged  .  paypal has an old , outdated and flawed system that only works because it takes an inordinate amount of time and effort to make a large transaction go through  . Please call them , and let them know your issues .  It will only be through consistent pressure and complaint that a change will be made  . 

@E_Jaskow wrote:

I've been using my bank account for paypal just fine until today. I went to renew my spotify with my paypal and my bank account is no longer an option to pay with. This is happening with every other site as well, it won't let me pay with my bank, only debit/credit cards. Problem is my bank card isn't meant for online use so I can't use paypal at all right now. My bank details are still in my paypal payment methods if I go into my account, so I'm really confused right now (and kinda worried, because when I went to pay for spotify Paypal told me to change my password because there has been "suspicious activity") and any help would be appreciated

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@E_Jaskow

Have you had a failed bank transfer OR negative balance at all recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

E_Jaskow
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@E_Jaskow

Have you had a failed bank transfer OR negative balance at all recently?

No, I've haven't had either of those

Login to Me Too

alw7eed
Contributor
Contributor
I understand that you have used your regular bank card, not a credit card, and I am sure that your card has a mastercard! How do you withdraw money for your Paypal account?
Login to Me Too

E_Jaskow
Contributor
Contributor

@alw7eed wrote:
I understand that you have used your regular bank card, not a credit card, and I am sure that your card has a mastercard! How do you withdraw money for your Paypal account?

I don't understand what you mean? My bank never gave me a debit/credit card, only my bank card which can be used in physical purchases inly, not online.

If i need to pay for something online I have to use either paypal or one of those pre-payed mastercards/visas 

Login to Me Too

alw7eed
Contributor
Contributor
I have a normal card for Al Ahly Bank and I could not pay through it? Can help me, sorry for the inconvenience?
Login to Me Too

alw7eed
Contributor
Contributor
I have a problem with English, I speak Arabic, and I want to know your card type. Is it a prepaid card?
Login to Me Too

E_Jaskow
Contributor
Contributor

@alw7eed wrote:
I have a problem with English, I speak Arabic, and I want to know your card type. Is it a prepaid card?

No, I have a bankcard only but I don't use that on paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.