Can't use bank account for purchases (could be Brexit??)

jbarker1302
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I've recently experienced a strange thing when coming to pay with paypal. For aslong as I can remember I have been able to use my bank account when going to checkout. I have both my card and bank account connected to my account but have my bank account as my preferred method. Now up until 2 weeks ago I was able to log in and pay using bank account. Now though its simply not their or it states (your preferred method is unavailable). Ive called Paypal and had numerous message conversations. ( remove and re add bank account etc etc.) No solution has worked and Paypal support has been unhelpful to say the least. My only thinking is brexit could of had some impact? Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Jamie

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jbarker1302 

Seems as if you had problems with the bank account before?

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/Pay-using-bank-account/m-p/1377926

Did you get that resolved or is it the same issue?

If not then have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance at all recently?

Is your direct debit mandate between your bank account and Paypal still set up and not been cancelled?

Does your bank account name exactly match your paypal account name?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jbarker1302
Contributor
Contributor
Hi apologies in taking time replying to this. I had hoped after speaking to PayPal that this would have been resolved but it hasnt! Since February I haven't been able to use my bank account to pay. I have done everything, checked names on accounts etc, checked direct debits, removed and then reinstalled bank account. Nothing seems to work. PayPal said it would come back in time but I've made several transactions using my card and bank account is still not an option. I just wish there was a simple reason for this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.