Can't use PayPal Balance for subscription based products

Jwells3
New Community Member

I'm trying to purchase a monthly minecraft server plan, of which I will only be paying for 1 month anyway. When I try to pay, it asks me to add a debit or credit card, even though I have enough money in my paypal balance and I have my preferred payment method set to use PayPal Balance. Is there any setting I am forgetting to change or is it a requirement to add a credit card in order to buy a subsciption based product?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi Jwells3,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

To provide one of the safest online payment methods, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction to keep you safe.

If you don't have a card registered to your PayPal account, try adding it as it should help you with completing your payment.

Linking and confirming your debit or credit card helps protect your account:

•     It increases security within the PayPal community.
  •     It confirms your identity and verifies that you own the card associated with your PayPal account.
  •     It limits the risk with stolen credit cards and fake identities. 

When you link your card to your account by authorising PayPal to charge a small amount, PayPal generates a unique random code which displays on your card statement. Only the legitimate owner of the card has access to the statement. For this reason, this process limits the risk connected with stolen credit cards and fake identities.

Here’s how to add a card to your PayPal account. I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.