Can't send money

ImBadAtNaming
New Community Member

Hello, for the past hour or so, I've been trying to pay for an art commission. It's 20 dollars and to an account in North Macedonia. I'm from the US, so I don't know if that might be the problem. We tried Kofi at first, but that spit out the error "We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method."

Tried using a direct Paypal, but it said that their account only accepted payments through a website, although they had never given a website for that error to occur. Tried seeing if maybe it was a problem with their account, walked them through verification, which we had both done every step of, as far as I know, but most of the options for sending, and all of the options for receiving money weren't there for them.

I have a card attached to my account and they don't.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Maki90082
New Community Member
Hi there, pretty much everyone who attempts to send funds or financially support someone in Macedonia is unable to do so, because PayPal doesn't allow PayPal accounts from Macedonia to receive or request for funds. It's been going on for quite a while now and I'm not sure when it's going to become a feature for Macedonians, but I hope it's soon!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maki90082 

The option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Macedonia as you have stated.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.