Can't select Chase Pay cards for Automatic Payments

AndreaC42
Contributor
Contributor

I have a subscription for a newspaper that is paid monthly through PayPal. I added Chase Pay credit cards to my PayPal account. I would like to use a Chase Pay card for the payment but they don't show up as options for Automatic Payments, only bank accounts and non-Chase Pay cards appear as options. Is there a way to use Chase Pay cards for automatic payments?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Jujub3ans
New Community Member

I found a way to add your Chase card for automatic payments, just enter it in manually and either delete the Chase pay option or have them both, now I am able to select my Chase card (the one I entered manually) and still see the Chase pay option as well. 

Login to Me Too

fotinosnm
New Community Member

Appreciate mentioning the workaround, but this is unacceptable. This is clearly a bug/system issue. We should not have to enter our credit card twice in our account to use for Automatic Payments. I reached out to customer service who told me they could help update the billing with Vendor on my behalf, but I declined and requested I be given the option to report this to merchant services IT. Working on that now.

Login to Me Too

fotinosnm
New Community Member

Just finished submitting ticket with IT with screenshots. Hopefully will have more information on bug fix/resolution soon.

Login to Me Too

ahhlun
New Community Member

This happened to me too and is clearly a design flaw/bug.

This doesn't only happen for Automatic Payments.

Login to Me Too

qa_it_first
New Community Member

This is still broken 5 months later. Unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

AdamFTX
New Community Member

I just called about this as well and was told it's a problem with paying online with Chase Bank. I don't think that's the case either, especially if you are able to pay using the cards when entered manually. 

Login to Me Too

dobovedo
Contributor
Contributor

"I don't think that's the case either, especially if you are able to pay using the cards when entered manually."

Just my opinion, but I believe this problem really is caused by ChasePay policy, and not a bug. For as long as I have had bank accounts and credit cards, Chase bank has been notoriously difficult to work with. The only reason I continue is that they are the backer of my two preferred credit card points programs: Amazon Prime and United Airlines. I enjoy those enough to put up with all their crap.

Has anyone here tried contacting Chase about it? I haven't had the stomach to try it yet.

Login to Me Too

CaseyR75
Contributor
Contributor

I re-added all the chase cards manually a few months back, to work around this issue. However, now PayPal has automatically deleted all the Chase cards  that I added manually, without my permission, and started charging my bank account for automatic billing, also without permission. Obviously I can no longer use this (horribly designed) service and I am forced to quit PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Artem_Dzhadzha
Contributor
Contributor

It's May already and it still doesn't work. At least for me. And it's extremely hard to get an answer from PayPal, I have to navigate through a dozen screens and in the end they say I can only ask the question by phone. Sorry I just don't have time for calls.

Did anyone get this resolved?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.