Can't seem to have option to send money as gift nor to family and relative

asbani
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send money as a gift, but I can't do it, when I click on send & request at the top, I don't have the options at all to send as GIFT, or even the other option which is "Send to family and friends"

Neither of these options are on my page, all I have is three options.

1- pay for goods or services.

2- create invoice.

3- request from friends or customer.

So I can request from friends, but can't send to friends? I don't get it, please help thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asbani

Its not an option in every country so I guess it may not be in yours?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asbani

Its not an option in every country so I guess it may not be in yours?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

asbani
Contributor
Contributor

How can I check for sure if it's not an option for my country or some other reason possibly? and why doesn't my country support gift? how can I support a streamer for example, or support a person without expecting anything in return, I should be allowed to give away my own money.

Login to Me Too

asbani
Contributor
Contributor

still no solution, I want to send a gift to friends.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asbani 

This is what you see when you go on the Kuwait PayPal homepage, and under the Personal menu, click Send Payments - Send money locally or abroad:

https://www.paypal.com/kw/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

"Make a Payment in a few seconds.

You can send payments to almost anyone in exchange for goods and services, without sharing your financial information with the sellers. Use their email address and they'll get the payment in a simple, faster and more secure way.

Friends and family option is not available in every country PayPal services.

You can still "gift" someone money but it has to be goods and service option and the recipient has to pay a fee to receive it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

cbnudaniel
New Community Member

I have the same issue, and more than that, the other person was charged a fee, and nothing explained that there is a fee and how much, because I wanted to cover that fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.