Can't see incoming payments

isabellaosu
Contributor
Contributor

So, I know that I have been sent money by TWO DIFFERENT people, and yet neither are showing up on my paypal or email. It took the money from both of their accounts yet I have not received it. One was a donation to me, one is a gift to me.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sangar82
New Community Member

I know. I am having the same problem the notice of payment shows up in my email yet my balance on paypal is 0

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi isabellaosu and @sangar82

You both a very welcome to the PayPal community forum. Have you checked to ensure that the payments were sent to your correct email address or the email address that is registered to your PayPal account? I would first check this with the senders. Secondly, I would check to ensure that your email address is confirmed on your PayPal account as it needs to be confirmed before you can receive payments. 

Please let us know how you get on as it may help other members. 

Thanks, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

isabellaosu
Contributor
Contributor
Yes my email is confirmed. Everything is setup correctly to recover payments. I get donations for streaming, and I haven’t been seeing them come up on my paypal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @isabellaosu,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received payments that you are expecting. If the transaction does not show in your transaction history, there are a few potential reasons.

One reason, as Paula mentioned, is the possibility that the sender mistyped the email address if they were using the send money feature. If the email address is mistyped, you would not receive the payment.

Another possibility is that the payment is sent in a currency that you do not hold. Does the email say that the payment is in a different currency? You may have to add the currency to your account to receive the payment, or confirm that the payment should be converted to the currency that you hold.

Another possibility is that the payment was not actually sent. If an email was received but no payment is showing in your transaction history, this can be because fraudsters will send a spoof email to make you think that a payment has been sent in the hopes that any benefits that result from the payment will be given. If there is any item or value that is being exchanged for the payment and you do not know the senders well, I would consider this a real possibility.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.