cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive money

Highlighted

Re: Can't receive money

Hi Lennamala,

I understand that this can be frustrating. You mention that you already checked with your bank that withdrawals were possible, but has there been any recent update in the information of the card?

If your address changed or there was any change, this may be causing these issues. Are all the card details updated in your PayPal account?

Jessica

Highlighted
Contributor

I realised the address with the VIsa card and Paypal has to be the same.

I solved my problem with the advice sent by member dadich.

I switched to old account view, found invoicing  and added my Bosnian card again. I don't know why this is needed twice but it actually works.

I've withdrawn from Upwork to PP and Paypal still kept asking to add US bank account to withdraw even though I'm in Europe, so I googled how to solve this - I've withdrawn to my debit card with the help of the following link:

https://www.paypal.com/?cmd=_withdraw-funds

Now I'm just waiting several business days for the money to transfer to my card.

I hope this will be useful to someone.

Highlighted

I am glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Thank you for sharing this information with the community 🙂

Regarding the time frame for the withdrawal, it usually takes 5 to 7 days for the transfer to complete, but your card issuer’s policies may affect the processing time.

Thanks,

Jessica

Highlighted
Contributor

Hello!
I have one problem, I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina, I have verified PayPal Account, linked to my credit card, but problem is that I can not receive money, few of my friends tried to send me some and they couldnt do that... Also I tried to get some money from sites, online working sites i didnt recevie any from them too... So, If you can help me asap, cuz I need that money.

Luka

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Luka,

Did you try doing what member dadich and myself have done?

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi lennamala,

Can you explain me what have you done? 

Luka.

Highlighted
Contributor

Go to your Paypal account, in the bottom left of the page you'll see Old account view. Click it.

Somewhere in there, it will be one tab asking you to verify *confirm or add* your card again (Mine said "Verify your Visa card in Albania" even though I'm in Bosnia. Another tab is asking to add bank account in U.S. (you don't need that).

In the first tab, click the yellow button and add your card and that's it, that worked for me. I's just one click on the yellow button, no need to enter card number again.

*I'm not eactly sure which phrase will be used - verify, confirm or add a card* I forgot and I can't check because it has already been done. Maybe someone can explain this better because I wasn't trying to memorize exact steps whilde doing it.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Hi all.

Thank you for the tip.

I recently removed my expired credit card, added and confirmed the new one, but Upwork's attempt to transfer funds got constantly refused. I followed lennamala's advice and it worked as a charm. As soon as I switched to Old view I saw alert about not having my default way of receiving funds. After I chose the new credit card and saved my choice.

I guess PayPal should do something about this issue on their new web site layout too.

Thank you lennamala!

Highlighted
Contributor

Hello, lennamala, what if I don't have visa card? I have only Mastercard... can I receive money with it?
Highlighted
Contributor

Vedran, I'm glad I was able to help.

Luka, you'll have to wait for someone from Paypal to anwer that, I really don't know about Mastercard.

Regards.