Mandasue1216
New Community Member

I am unable to receive money from people sending friends and family

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

If you are selling on a website then you should not be using the friends / family option anyway.

And because its a website and not a personal account then its probably blocked you from accepting them.

Friends / family payments are just that, personal payments from family and mates.

You are not allowed to accept them for selling and you have no seller protection if you do so. Plus the fact you risk your account being limited if PayPal finds you are asking buyer to pay that way as you are negating their buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

SteveStuartDJ
Contributor
Contributor
I used to get sales regularly but, despite good hits on my site, I haven't had a sale in two months and that's really odd. Nothing's changed my end, people
Login to Me Too

SteveStuartDJ
Contributor
Contributor
Continued . . . buyers have been asked if they will accept a PayPal invoice, but that's not how it's supposed to be.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mandasue1216

Thats odd as you are allowed to accept friends / family payments on a business account.

Is it from a specific country or within your own country?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SteveStuartDJ
Contributor
Contributor

It probably won't be friends or family Kernowlas, it's a payment problem on my website.
As I said, I've changed absolutely nothing, it used tto work now it doesn't. It wasn't broke, so it didn't need fixing.
But now it's been 2 months without a payment on the button(s), potential buyers have to ask for an invoice to be sent, thus delaying their payment and their downloading of goods.
I just wondered if there's anything I have to add to the <head> section on my web page?
I'm aware of the sandbox check, but it worked OK and I've done nothing but convert my pages to html5 which shouldn't make any difference.
I'm just annoyed really, I'm asking if you know of anything I can try?

Regards, Steve

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.