Can't receive money

Barakuda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Someone want send me money and he says that I don't have valid paypal account and that's why they can't send me payment.

I get this message:

You cannot receive payments in or withdraw payments from your PayPal account, because previous transfers to your preferred card or bank account failed.

Also, when I click on Request Money on Paypal I got this:

Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Your account cannot receive payments. To receive payments, set up your account.

when i try add my card it says:

You have already successfully entered the 4-digit PayPal code and confirm this card.

Where is the problem? Before I used to receive money from anyone on my paypal account and now I can't

My paypal is verified with a Visa Electron credit card issued in Croatia.

Login to Me Too
84 REPLIES 84

PayPal_Jessica

I am glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Thank you for sharing this information with the community 🙂

Regarding the time frame for the withdrawal, it usually takes 5 to 7 days for the transfer to complete, but your card issuer’s policies may affect the processing time.

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

SulzYee
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!
I have one problem, I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina, I have verified PayPal Account, linked to my credit card, but problem is that I can not receive money, few of my friends tried to send me some and they couldnt do that... Also I tried to get some money from sites, online working sites i didnt recevie any from them too... So, If you can help me asap, cuz I need that money.

Luka

Login to Me Too

lennamala
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Luka,

Did you try doing what member dadich and myself have done?

Login to Me Too

SulzYee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi lennamala,

Can you explain me what have you done? 

Luka.

Login to Me Too

lennamala
Contributor
Contributor

Go to your Paypal account, in the bottom left of the page you'll see Old account view. Click it.

Somewhere in there, it will be one tab asking you to verify *confirm or add* your card again (Mine said "Verify your Visa card in Albania" even though I'm in Bosnia. Another tab is asking to add bank account in U.S. (you don't need that).

In the first tab, click the yellow button and add your card and that's it, that worked for me. I's just one click on the yellow button, no need to enter card number again.

*I'm not eactly sure which phrase will be used - verify, confirm or add a card* I forgot and I can't check because it has already been done. Maybe someone can explain this better because I wasn't trying to memorize exact steps whilde doing it.

Login to Me Too

vedranson
New Community Member

Hi all.

Thank you for the tip.

I recently removed my expired credit card, added and confirmed the new one, but Upwork's attempt to transfer funds got constantly refused. I followed lennamala's advice and it worked as a charm. As soon as I switched to Old view I saw alert about not having my default way of receiving funds. After I chose the new credit card and saved my choice.

I guess PayPal should do something about this issue on their new web site layout too.

Thank you lennamala!

Login to Me Too

SulzYee
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, lennamala, what if I don't have visa card? I have only Mastercard... can I receive money with it?
Login to Me Too

lennamala
Contributor
Contributor

Vedran, I'm glad I was able to help.

Luka, you'll have to wait for someone from Paypal to anwer that, I really don't know about Mastercard.

Regards.

Login to Me Too

melickaa

I am experiencing the same issue! from the previous posts I realized that there is a possibility to resolve this by adding your visa card again.. but I don't have a visa, I have a mastercard and there is no option to choose mastercard in this solution. Has anyone succeeded in resolving this problem? I got no replies from paypay team and this is getting way too frustrating!

Login to Me Too

technews11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I have odd problem.I can recive payments ,withdraw money,my account is fully verified,but only one problem. Useers from Germany cannot send payments to me,not directly,not over pay pal me option not over invoice,but from users from other contries i can recive payments with no problems..What to do,any advice?? PLease help!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.