Can't receive money

Barakuda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Someone want send me money and he says that I don't have valid paypal account and that's why they can't send me payment.

I get this message:

You cannot receive payments in or withdraw payments from your PayPal account, because previous transfers to your preferred card or bank account failed.

Also, when I click on Request Money on Paypal I got this:

Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Your account cannot receive payments. To receive payments, set up your account.

when i try add my card it says:

You have already successfully entered the 4-digit PayPal code and confirm this card.

Where is the problem? Before I used to receive money from anyone on my paypal account and now I can't

My paypal is verified with a Visa Electron credit card issued in Croatia.

Login to Me Too
84 REPLIES 84

PayPal_Arda

Hi jacquelinej1946,

Welcome to our community 🙂

I wouldn’t suggest sending the item if you can’t see the funds at your balance. When you receive a payment, you’ll see the money in your account right away. Even if it was placed in your pending balance, you’ll see this. We want you to have complete visibility of your money.

I recommend forwarding any suspicious emails or websites to spoof@paypal.co.uk . If the email is known to us, you will receive an email to confirm whether it was sent by PayPal.

Thanks for posting.
Arda

Login to Me Too

dadich
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Im from Bosnia so we have the same deal as far as PayPal goes ( plus the same problem ). I actually just figured it out.

So you have your new card already set up and you entered the code just as I did adn you get the same message. Here is what you do. Go to Invoicing ( if you use the new PayPal dont know how it goes on the old one ) and it will tell you that you cannot send invoice as you cannot recieve money. But there is going to be an option there that tells you can add a card or a US bank account. You click to add the card. Chose the card you have set up and it's DONE :).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Dadich,

Thanks for posting in the forum and for sharing tips to confirm the card 🙂 Please note that users in Bosnia can now receive payments, but other countries are still only able to send money at the moment, unfortunately. 

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

RenZaK
New Community Member
Help me. One man can't send me money. Why? I from Ukraine. What problem?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi RenZak,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

I can explain what's happening here.

At this time, your Ukrainian PayPal account can be used to send payments but not to receive them.

We are constantly innovating and looking for new ways to meet the needs of our customers around the world though and if there is any update about this, the news will be posted on your local PayPal website first. 

Thanks for posting and enjoy your evening,

Conor

Login to Me Too

lennamala
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm from Bosnia to and if we can recieve money please tell me why I can't withdraw from freelancing sites Upwork and People Per Hour? The message I get from PPH is "Rejected by Paypal. Receiver's addres is in a non-receivable country or Paypal zero country"? I'lll repeat - it's Bosnia. Some of my friends have told me they've been withdrawing money. And my bank said is is possible. Help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Lennamala, 

Thanks for posting!

In Bosnia, you can receive funds but only after you complete a few small steps.

To start accepting payments you simply need to verify your PayPal account and choose a Visa card for your withdrawals. In the Summary page of your PayPal account, complete the steps suggested in the bar under your name and we’ll help you get set up. Alternatively, you can click Wallet at the top of the same page to add a bank or credit card, and See how much you can send with PayPal to get verified.

I hope this helps and enjoy your weekend,

Conor

Login to Me Too

lennamala
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Conor,

Thanks for you reply but:

My card is Visa Electron and the account has already been verified (I went to the bank and got the 4-digit code sent in your transaction).

There's no "See how much you can send with PayPal" under Wallet, probably because it's already verified.

There's something more preventing me to withdraw. 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Lennamala,

I understand that this can be frustrating. You mention that you already checked with your bank that withdrawals were possible, but has there been any recent update in the information of the card?

If your address changed or there was any change, this may be causing these issues. Are all the card details updated in your PayPal account?

Jessica

Login to Me Too

lennamala
Contributor
Contributor

I realised the address with the VIsa card and Paypal has to be the same.

I solved my problem with the advice sent by member dadich.

I switched to old account view, found invoicing  and added my Bosnian card again. I don't know why this is needed twice but it actually works.

I've withdrawn from Upwork to PP and Paypal still kept asking to add US bank account to withdraw even though I'm in Europe, so I googled how to solve this - I've withdrawn to my debit card with the help of the following link:

https://www.paypal.com/?cmd=_withdraw-funds

Now I'm just waiting several business days for the money to transfer to my card.

I hope this will be useful to someone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.