Can't receive money when sent

KatieAimeexx
Contributor
Contributor
It's weird because i even made a new account, 3 days ago i received money but 2 days ago i coukdn't receive money when they were sent. I've waited 2 days and nothing in my email. In my old account i had a bit of money left so i sent 9 pounds and it worked. The people before sent 10 and 50 and those worked. Why is this happening i confirmed my email and everything
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@KatieAimeexx wrote:
It's weird because i even made a new account, 3 days ago i received money but 2 days ago i coukdn't receive money when they were sent. I've waited 2 days and nothing in my email. In my old account i had a bit of money left so i sent 9 pounds and it worked. The people before sent 10 and 50 and those worked. Why is this happening i confirmed my email and everything

Hi @KatieAimeexx,

You are allowed one personal account and one business account. Unless the previous account was closed, the second personal account is currently in breach of the User Agreement.

Each transaction on PayPal is screened and if there are unusual patterns of activity detected, such as multiple accounts or suspected evasion of another account's security status, there could be a limitation activated or block of any payments.

As we cannot access your account, I cannot determine the cause. The most likely culprit is a security hold, which can last for around 24- 72 hours in some cases. Your sender should have received an email, if their sent funds were held for this reason.

If your account is unverified, it is particularly vulnerable to frequent security holds, until you have established a history. If receiving a large amount of payments, you could also be limited for identification, especially if they notice multiple accounts being opened.

If no emails were issued on either side - and the funds are not in your pending balance, please click here to contact PayPal Customer Service. An adviser can trace the payments made to your account and determine the cause of any delay.

Login to Me Too

KatieAimeexx
Contributor
Contributor
But the thing is for me second account i made a new gmail account and a new email. I tried again to send a bit of money from my old paypal to my new one and it worked. This is so weird i don't know what i should do And why would i get a security hold? This happend before i made my secobd paypal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.