Can't purchase online using PayPal balance

ukrkoz
Contributor
Contributor

I read every suggestion online.

Does not work,

I can't use my PP balance to pay for any online purchases. It stubbornly charges my credit card and does NOT allow me to use my balance.

I just went through every single setting, Payment Preferences included  - no such option. When doing online purchase, it will NOT give me option to pay with PP balance.

Any working solutions?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ukrkoz 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Are the funds in your balance cleared and not pending?

Are the funds in your balance in the same currency as the person you are trying to pay can accept?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ukrkoz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you

I have pretty much none of what you describe.

I have Settings next to log out, not profile

I have only ONE Payments option and when I click on it, there is no such option as to change the way payments are done.
I have US based account and do not buy abroad.

In Payment Preferences, I have:

Capture.PNG

That's it.

Login to Me Too

ukrkoz
Contributor
Contributor

I got to Pay Online preferences via Money tab.

There is no option listed to chose, outside of either debit or credit card. Though I do have funds in my PP accountCapture.PNG

Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hello @ukrkoz

If you are showing an available balance in the PayPal account however it isn't showing as a funding option, it's possible that PayPal needs to verify additional information. Before we can offer you certain products and services, federal regulations require that we collect specific information to verify your identity. This information includes your name, address, date of birth, and Tax ID or Individual Tax ID/Social Security number.

Have you had an opportunity to complete the identity verification? If not, you should have a notification at the top of the page. You can also check the Resolution Center for steps to provide the verification information. 

If you have completed the identity verification, please keep in mind that each time you make a payment from your PayPal account it goes through a series of filters to determine how much potential risk may be involved with that particular payment. If the system deems a transaction to be potentially high risk, then it may limit the funding options that are available or block the payment from going through. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

ukrkoz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you but no such luck.

Nothing needs to be verified.

And I just did purchase on eBay yesterday, specifically watching for maybe that option will pop up - nope, no go. Have $150 in my balance, PP stubbornly says to pay with credit card as only option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.