Can't purchase online stuff.

Devco
Contributor
Contributor

So my PayPal account is linked with my bank account and I tried to make a purchase but it keeps telling me my purchase has not been completed.
The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method. But I don't have any other payment method I contacted PayPal and Steam but they haven't found away to fix it I'm still waiting at the moment for there reply. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Devco 

Have you purchased goods before using that bank account?
Have you verified / confirmed your bank account?
Is the bank account in exactly the same name as your paypal account name?
Is the bank account still linked in your paypal wallet?

Is the direct debit mandate still effective in your online banking?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Devco
Contributor
Contributor

Not online just add funds from my bank to my PayPal account.

Yes my bank account is verified and my name is the same on both.

Yep it's still linked in my wallet and I never used direct debit mandate before. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Devco 

There are a couple of reasons why a credit card might be required to make a payment. 

One possibility is that the merchant requires a billing agreement to establish the payment. A billing agreement may require a card to be used in order to be established.

Another possibility is that the security system has determined that the bank cannot be used for this payment, or that a card specifically would be a safer method of payment. If this is the case, the payment may not be able to be processed using the bank, or at least not at that time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.