Can't purchase on ebay. Card "not confirmed"?

Lisergiko
Contributor
Contributor

I've been buying things on ebay for over 5 years now, and I've always used a Maestro debit card connected to my Paypal account. My last purchase was on the 30th of August, but I can't buy anymore now. ebay prompts this error, which usually appears when there's no money on my card. I checked three times and I have over $15 on my card, hence I should be able to make this $2.5 purchase.

The Mastercard you see in the picture is completely empty, so I can't use that.

<removed>

After clicking Continue towards Paypal, the American site comes up and prompts me to register another card. This has happened to me before; I'd usually open the Italian Paypal in a new tab, log in and I could complete the purchase by refreshing and confirming in the ebay tab.

But since yesterday, I can't do this anymore. I suppose this bug has happened to me since Maestro cards only exist in Europe. But using the Italian site doesn't work anymore, it instantly redirects me to "paypal.com". When I check the Wallet page, my Maestro card (under Payment methods) has a yellow exclamation mark. It requires me to enter this "code" I should receive in my bank invoice. Problem is, we don't get bank invoices here, not for rechargeable debit cards at least. I only get text messages after every purchase, but there's no such code in these SMS...

I've messaged Paypal but haven't received a response yet. Repeating: I could always bypass this issue by logging in the Italian site (where I originally registered), but Paypal instantly redirects to the American site and I'm unable to make purchases.

What has changed since 6 days ago? I completed a small purchase on the 30th of August, without any issues...

Please help?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Lisergiko,

I'm very sorry to hear about all of the difficulty that you're having. It's certainly a one-off situation and would require a great deal of account-specific investigation to get to the bottom of what's happening, so assistance via the community would not be possible. If you can't send a message via the email webform, please try one of the other means of contacting.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.