Can't pay for shipping labels with PayPal balance anymore

nervousnelly
Contributor
Contributor

Disclaimer: I've already contacted customer service several times. No one is answering my several calls and I chatted online with one rep and they were useless.

So I've been using PayPal for my online reselling for years now. I always use my PayPal Balance to pay for USPS shipping labels. Note that I am on the PayPal website when I get my labels. When the customer's transaction shows up on my summary, I typically go to "Print shipping label" under the customer's name and do my business from there. Print packing slip, yada yada. I select what type of shipping service I want, enter package weight, etc. On the right of the screen where the shipping cost is tallied, there is a drop down box where you can select the payment method to purchase the label. I have always used my balance because the funds are already there and it is convenient to do it all in one place. That option was not available to me this morning and I keep checking and it's still not there. There is plenty of money in my balance to pay for these labels too, more than enough. I have all my buyers pay for shipping so that the funds are right there for immediate use.

Moreover, when I go to my Wallet, the option to use PayPal balance as preferred way to pay is no longer there. The customer service rep I chatted with said there was nothing on my account or disputes or anything that would prevent me from using my balance, so there was apparently nothing they could fix. What is happening? Has this happened to anyone else? I had a shipment this morning that I wanted to get out ASAP and I had to use my card to pay and figured I'd just sort it out later, but haven't been able to.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.