Can't pay as guest, Canada

ostoean
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to "Pay as Guest, on a request ive received from paypal, however when i choose my country of residence, Canada, it says "We're sorry, something went wrong. Make sure you have the correct URL."

any reason why? other countries such as US seem fine....

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

singulink
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem...figure anything out?

Login to Me Too

singulink
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple networks, computers and systems all produce this same behavior when the country is changed to Canada:

Capture.PNG

Login to Me Too

NotGuestCanada
New Community Member

This does not seem to be possible in Canada for some reason. I phoned their call centre [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] and was told I had to create an account.

This is probably a regulatory issue or just plain laziness.

Once the payment clears for the one transaction I need this for I'll be closing my account (I doubt it will be "deleted" and will forever be in their database). After doing the transaction I deleted my credit card information and changed my address to something that is garbage.

Another useful tip: most e-mail providers allow for 'subaddressing', as does PayPal. So instead of just "<removed>", you can do something like "<removed>". This way you can keep track of things if you ever get spam from them.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address#Subaddressing 

(Replace "-at-" with the "@" symbol: the forum software does not seem to like real-looking e-mail addresses.)

Login to Me Too

singulink
Contributor
Contributor

As a workaround, creating an invoice to pay instead of a money request seems to work.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.