Can't make payment, keep getting an error

charlottevdwal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, for the past two days I've been trying to send money to a friend. I only succeeded once but then her account wasn't setup right so we had to start again. I've managed to send 20 euros to her account, which is only a small sum of the 300 euros I need to send her. 

I've done everything the site says but I still get the error: Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

Can anyone please help me I desperately want to send the money. I think it's a problem from PayPal but maybe anyone has any clue how to resolve this annoying issue. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@charlottevdwal 

It would have been easier if you just sent USD but if you are sending euros then she would need to 'add' euros as a receiving currency to her U.S paypal account.

Tell her to go and click on the 3 dots next to her paypal balance > manage currencies and 'add' the euro.

However when she received it she would have to pay currency conversion charges to withdraw the funds unless she wanted to just spend them in her balance as euros with a European seller. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@charlottevdwal 

Is she in the same country / same currency?

Has she confirmed her email address?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

charlottevdwal
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass She did confirm her email but she's in the USA and I'm in the Netherlands. So we also have a difference in currency. I have euros and she has USD.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@charlottevdwal 

It would have been easier if you just sent USD but if you are sending euros then she would need to 'add' euros as a receiving currency to her U.S paypal account.

Tell her to go and click on the 3 dots next to her paypal balance > manage currencies and 'add' the euro.

However when she received it she would have to pay currency conversion charges to withdraw the funds unless she wanted to just spend them in her balance as euros with a European seller. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cedrickgee08
New Community Member
How about pesos to usd? It usually only one person who send money and its from usa. The past few days i can recieve money but now always error
Login to Me Too

fosterm3157
Contributor
Contributor
Can't make payment/saying error
Login to Me Too

Yhormiee007
Contributor
Contributor

Please i cant make a payment, it keeps giving me error 

Login to Me Too

Usuer237
Contributor
Contributor
Can't make payments to friends for days now. Keep saying we are not able to complete your transfer at the moment please try again later. It very frustrating when someone needed the money urgently.
Login to Me Too

Dennis952
Contributor
Contributor
I'm actually going through the same situation. Unfortunately Paypal doesn't give a reason for these kind of issues, sometimes we're clients who are actually trying to correct a situation somewhere or even doing small subscriptions on different units. I think denial for some transactions should be accompanied by a reason. My opinions though
Login to Me Too

anj23
Contributor
Contributor

same thing happened to me until now i can't send payment

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.