Can't make a purchase with PayPal Balance. (Details.)

JimmyVoid
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I'm trying to purchase something with my PayPal balance but the store is telling me the payment was not authorized. My friend sent me 50 bucks 2 days ago as a little gift so I can get whatever I want. I wanted to buy this Call of Duty Modern Warfare game since its on sale. But every time I try and purchase it, It just tells me .

"Your payment was not Authorized"

It told me to check my info and I did....almost 30 times now. Going letter by letter, I checked my info almost 30 times. So it can't be that the input is wrong. So it HAS to be PayPal. Can't be that I don't have enough money because I have 47 dollars in my account and the purchase costs 42.89. But even If my balance in my PayPal account wasn't enough, I have 15 dollars on my card. So if my PayPal account balance is still not enough, my card will make up for it.

My Account isn't locked out of sending money so I shouldn't be locked out of making purchases.

I don't have any pending payments.

I have no limitations, nor restrictions on my account. My account is already an established seller.

So...there's something behind the scenes that I'm not aware of. Can someone help me out?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JimmyVoid 

Firstly ...

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3959

Secondly...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JimmyVoid
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the reply!

I need some clarification on the second point.

When I go to Payments>preferred way to pay> I can only swap between my credit card and my paypal balance.

What do you mean put a dot in the balance option??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.