Can't link Paypal and Google Pay

Niodaime
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to link up my Paypal and Google Pay for the $5 and when I do the top off amount part, it does the circle and says something went wrong and won't do anything else

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Collyp
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for the duplicate post. I forgot to add the email response option. My issue is that there is no Google link in my settings 2 set it up. Any information would be greatly appreciated
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Collyp, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please review this link for options on how to link PayPal with your Google Pay account - https://pay.google.com/about/paypal/

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

ennylg
New Community Member

I am having the same problems as the above posters. 
The instructions on the page you posted here

simply do not work:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3455

Login to Me Too

AndyAsh100
Contributor
Contributor
I have this problem too. It looks like the only way to mame it work is to give google credit or debit card details. Im trying to avoid exactly this. I guess Ill not be buying anything more from Google.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
In Canada if you try to link Paypal under the Google Pay app for some reason it won't work, and its the same for trying to link it through Paypal. BUT....what worked for me was to make a purchase through the Play Store and when it asks for your payment method you can hit "new payment method" and add it that way. Then if you go into your Google Account it should show as one of your payment methods and you can link it to Google Pay. Hope this helps!
Login to Me Too

Maj1k85
Contributor
Contributor
The easiest way to fix this issue is to go the paypal and have them send a a paypal catd because most likely your bank doesnt support it wich i go threw son trust so my bank doesnt support gpay the bank that paypals card gos threw does thats my only suggestion trust me ive been working in it for weeks now to find out a sulotion and thats what seems to be it
Login to Me Too

DaveyJ2
It's probably worthwhile making it clear in this thread that the only countries in which you can currently link PayPal to Google Pay are the US and Germany. Neither PayPal nor Google Pay's instructions make this clear.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.