Can't link Paypal and Google Pay

Niodaime
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to link up my Paypal and Google Pay for the $5 and when I do the top off amount part, it does the circle and says something went wrong and won't do anything else

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Niodaime
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got it linked up, but I can't use the $5 off my next purchase on steam, is it not available on steam?

Login to Me Too

acg90
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. How did you work that out?

Login to Me Too

Niodaime
Contributor
Contributor

I had to do it through the google pay app and wait for a code from paypal, in the google pay app, there is payment settings

Login to Me Too

rootsunited
New Community Member

I can't link my Paypal account to Google pay from either app.  I've successfully imported the payment method to Paypal, but then when I go to set it up for in-store purchases from the Google Pay app, I'm prompted for my Paypal login info on the Paypal web site (which it defaults to, as opposed to the app).  There, whenever I put in my Paypal login credentials (even though the correct credentials are saved), it tells me "Some of your info isn't correct. Please try again." Problem is, the info IS correct - and the problem happens even if I re-enter my PW manually. It's the saved PW info and the correct account. I have no problem logging into Paypal with the same credentials (in addition to fingerprint logon). But then when it comes to adding to Google Pay, suddenly "some of" my info is "incorrect." Extremely frustrating.

Login to Me Too

PumpkinPie567
New Community Member
Feel your pain. I'm having the same issue. Let me know when you find out.
Login to Me Too

Requiem721

I'm also having that same looping issue. Please let us know what your solution is.

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @rootsunited, @PumpkinPie567, and @Requiem721

I'm sorry you're having difficulty linking PayPal to your Google Pay.  Here's an article from our Help Center on how to add PayPal to Google Pay: Link PayPal to Google Pay.  If your having trouble linking them by using either app, you may want to contact our customer service for additional assistance.     

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

jriley16724
New Community Member
I've contacted y'all and they told me to use my bank card 😡😡😡😡
Login to Me Too

Collyp
Contributor
Contributor
please tell me where to find the link to Google pay. I cannot find it under the settings in my account there is no option for it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.