Can't issue a refund?

richard692
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I can't issue a refund to someone that paid me for an ebay item last week.

I followed the refund process, then I got a message saying that it couldn't be done at this time.

I have tried several times with the same problem, then I phoned Paypal and was told that this cannot be done using a mobile device.

I have since tried doing it from my laptop as they advised, but still get the same result.

Does anyone know how I can issue this refund as the buyer has now been waiting days for their money back.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

richard692
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve finally resolved this after a paypal member of staff helped (finally). Basically i had to make a bank transfer into my PayPal account. Paypal sent me the details and a code to do this. Not sure why really, as buying through PayPal has never been a problem, not sure what the difference is with the refunds, but doing a bank transfer into my paypal then allowed me to issue the refund. Would be simpler if they tell you that from the start.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Makahaya
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem today. I called and had to go through the whole what browser are you using, etc.. Finally went through the process to display the same error, and the rep said oh yes are having problems at this time.

Login to Me Too

herman3
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am having the same problem. I hope this is being seen by Paypal help and that they will respond with a solution or update that says the system is now working. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

richard692
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve finally resolved this after a paypal member of staff helped (finally). Basically i had to make a bank transfer into my PayPal account. Paypal sent me the details and a code to do this. Not sure why really, as buying through PayPal has never been a problem, not sure what the difference is with the refunds, but doing a bank transfer into my paypal then allowed me to issue the refund. Would be simpler if they tell you that from the start.
Login to Me Too

btyler
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem, I've been trying to issue a refund for the last 2 days.  I keep getting the message "We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later".  PayPal sent me a message to make sure I refund the funds, but how am I supposed to do that if their system is not working.  I have more than enough money in my account to cover it, so I don't need to transfer $ from my bank.  The eBay/PayPal refund system has been a mess for several months now, no communication between them and leaving the sellers to do hours of work to prove refunds have been completed.  Please PayPal do something about this!   

Login to Me Too

dawelch173
New Community Member

How to I contact pay pal to get the transfer information so I can send money from my bank to the paypal account. I cant find a contact number and support messaging isn't working. I cant find how to sen an email either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.