Can't instant transfer money using bank account

Spider94
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent money to a family member for several years using my verified bank account and not my linked credit card.  Starting a few weeks ago, I'm not given my bank as an option to send money.  I refuse to pay 2.9% to send via my credit card.  I called Paypal and they said there is nothing they can do; "the computer" has determined no go for me.  This seems crazy.  Anyone had any success getting this resolved?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Spider94
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a bit surprised that no one has ever figured out how to get this resolved; it makes no sense.  Heck, I've been a member since 2000 with the same bank account.  Oh well, paper checks in the mail it is.  I can't wait for a competitive product to take on PayPal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Chethan

Hi @Spider94!

I understand that you are having issues with using your bank account as the payment method to send a personal payment using PayPal. I apologize for any inconvenience caused due to this. As you already know, to send instant transfers using a bank account, there needs to be a bank account added along with the card. Since you already have both linked with your PayPal account and yet the instant transfer is not an option, it seems our security systems are blocking your bank account as the payment method for your safety. The best way to get this issue addressed is by contacting our Support directly by any of the following means. Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of PayPal's pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code. You can also send us a Personal Message from our official Facebook or Twitter pages. It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Thank you!

-Chethan

Login to Me Too

Spider94
Contributor
Contributor

Chethan-

Thanks for responding.  As I mentioned in my first post, I did reach out to you all and the person said I don't know why but that's what the computer is saying and there is nothing they can do.  Not helpful at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.