Can't find refund transaction

braydendillon
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I recently received a refund with the PayPal transaction number, I have checked my transaction history for PayPal and my bank account but cannot find the transaction for the returned money. 

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@braydendillon

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@braydendillon

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mrwalker
New Community Member
My refund from a fraudulent eBay purchase has been credited back to my paypal balance according to my paypal account. But my paypal account balance is zero and the money has not been put back in my debit card account either. The fraudulent transaction was stopped roughly 6 weeks ago and paypal says it was credited to my balance 2 days later but still not back in my bank as of now. What is my next step?
Login to Me Too

Brajjoh
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. The agency that took my money has provided me with a receipt saying paypal has processed the refund on September 4. I have called paypal they say they can't find transaction but if I checked out as a guest this could be a problem. I still have not received my money.
Login to Me Too

Diana2014
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have already see the email refund money from 13.09 but now I still haven’t get the money come into my bank account. Can u check for me please and here is the Transaction ID: 79L87256GT735572D
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diana2014

Read my post above.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dgbadon
New Community Member

refund is noted, but zero balance, paypal automatically deducted it to my another purchase, i would not find it if i dont randomly opened my other purchase...

paypal should at least note beside the amount that it was used...

daniel

Login to Me Too

bookerzisme
Contributor
Contributor

Contact your congressman and consumer affairs. Report PayPal as they are still going this to people. This is fraud by PayPal, and they continue to commit this. They just beat me for 170 dollars. 

Login to Me Too

clara1901
It’s been more than 6 months and I still haven’t received my refund. I mean it’s just $100 but it’s still hard earned money. Very disappointing as no one from their social media is responding either 😐
Login to Me Too

dgbadon
New Community Member

i know it, but the balance is zero, because without my knowing it, it was deducted to another purchase

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.