Can't find refund transaction

braydendillon
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I recently received a refund with the PayPal transaction number, I have checked my transaction history for PayPal and my bank account but cannot find the transaction for the returned money. 

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Martinalan89
Contributor
Contributor
Can you help me track my order please
Login to Me Too

Murad5555
I didn’t receive my refund yet which more than two months
Login to Me Too

zadiac

Hi

This happened to me, but I never received the refund. There is also no indication on the paypal site that the money was used in another transaction. Is there any way to contact paypal without calling them? International calls from South Africa is hellishly expensive and will be more than the amount of the refund.

Login to Me Too

tormeyn
I received a refund from a company through paypal on the 2nd November. My paypal activity history says the refund was issued to my card but it has never arrived to my card/bank account. I’ve never waited more than 5 days for this??
Login to Me Too

bookerzisme
Contributor
Contributor

Brayden Dillon. If you paid originally with a credit card to the company then why in the heck would there even be a charge on PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!? Thanks for you not knowing what the heck you are talking about information though! You must work for PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Vaeshkar
Contributor
Contributor

I don't agree with this topic being resolved. It could be a problem of Paypal itself and therefore would receive in my eyes a vote of no confidence for Paypal, as their help is very little to the matter where a refund is made and Paypal shows in the transfer in the activity list, but after 7 days I have not seen any money back on my Bank account and the bank cannot see anything incoming in their system. Also my Balance is on 0,00.

I fear we are being tricked and this could be a potentially loophole within the Paypal system. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vaeshkar 

The only person that can mark a post as solved is the person who started the thread in the first place and asked the question.

If it solved THEIR problem for them then they mark it as solved.

As its not your thread then whether you think that was correct or not is immaterial.

I have given that information to lots of folks who have realised its correct and the refund has transfeRred how i said it would as what i posted was FACTUAL.

As regards your problem I won't even try to give you advice as I doubt you want it (although I think I could solve it for you) and you haven't bothered to say what country you are in, which always helps if you want advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vaeshkar
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass you sound tried. Maybe take a break from this forum. 

I am on edge as I am not aware where the money is atm. It could be In-between accounts.
Cannot see it in the Paypal Balance nor is it visible on my bank account. Do see the +<amount> in my activity. 
This has been the situation for 6,5 days now. 

Germany is the country I am in.
And in the end... I should maybe have more patience. Just don't like it that Paypal has chosen to not add refunds on the balance before it arrives back on the persons bank account. Now it is nowhere for me to see. The feeling is gives is: the money is gone.

Login to Me Too

kcpj2012
Contributor
Contributor

I agree! it states that it was refunded to me and paypal automatically closed my case and I still haven't gotten my money they seller or paypal wont help me at all. I am so frustrated! 

Login to Me Too

othercow
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem. Paypal say that my dispute has been completed - the activity centre shows a refund (24 July 2020) but so far nothing.... £89.99 is a lot of money, especially at the moment!

I'm in the UK 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.