Can't find paypal refund button

joolsta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I know this message has been asked few times before, i went through many help guides, watched youtube videos etc. Still i can't find refund button for any of the single payment which i have received from customers. These payments are not older than 30 days. 

See this screenshot of my order details page

po1Ml0.jpg

Untitled.png

and in payment activity page, i can't find the refund link in the drop down

1GHXt0.jpg

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Qphoria
Contributor
Contributor

Had to contact tech support today to have them do the refund for me.

the "Issue refund" link appears in the "classic" view... and worked for me back in June

But today the issue refund link just reloads the "modern" view instead of issuing a refund.

Seriously, how can you guys have not fixed this yet? It's been broken for months.

Login to Me Too

bethmaiden
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. I am not willing to contact support for something that I normally do with a few clicks - PayPal, please fix this problem, it's frustrating and embarrassing to not be able to serve my customers and I have two waiting for refunds right now.

Beth

Login to Me Too

finn99
New Community Member

2020 and still a problem, for anybody stumbling upon this thread the fix is to zoom your web browser out to around 75%, this should make the button appear at the bottom of the page, for some reason the issue refund button is hidden behind a website element at 100% Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

XI
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this same issue and zooming browser out to 75% didn't reveal refund option, it just didn't exist. I was able to process refund quickly however and here is how...

1. Go to PayPal Message Centre and the bot will ask how it can help.

2. Type "Refund option missing".

3. Follow the prompts, enter transaction ID and the bot will process the refund.

4. Check transaction details page to ensure the refunded has been processed. Mine was processed instantly.

I hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

amyelandry
New Community Member

Didnt work for me as the transaction is over 180 days, so the system couldn't find it even with the ID. It only works for transactions under 180 days 😞

Login to Me Too

kisehoen
Contributor
Contributor

I cant seem to find these options that u are stating, can u help me with this ?

Login to Me Too

amyelandry
New Community Member

Sadly this didnt work for me 😞

Login to Me Too

Kai_whyte14

Me too I can't find it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.